In our previous blog, How Text Neck Syndrome Could Be Affecting You Part 1, we discussed what Text Neck Syndrome was, common symptoms, and the rising concern of this issue among our nation’s youth. Building upon this previous blog, we have come up with a list of what you can do to reduce your risk for Text Neck.
What You Can Do To Help
There are some simple things you can do to help prevent text neck and to help alleviate the pain and symptoms associated with text neck. When it comes to text neck prevention is key. Things you can do to prevent and alleviate symptoms include:
- Raise your device. By raising your device to a level that does not require you to bend your neck over to use it you can prevent excess strain on the head and neck.
- Avoid excessive usage and take frequent breaks.
- Stand up straight. Having good posture helps keep us healthy and pain free.
- Stay physical active. Exercise makes our bodies stronger, which also helps our bodies be better able to handle additional stress and strain.
- Arch and stretch. Regular neck rotations and side bending combined with other stretches and chin tuck exercises work as a great rehabilitation program for alleviating pain experienced from text neck.
- Ice and heat packs work great for alleviating pain symptoms.
- Massage and regular chiropractic care are great ways to both prevent and alleviate symptoms of text neck syndrome.
If you are looking for a professional chiropractor to help you alleviate pain or symptoms from text neck syndrome, or simply for regular preventative chiropractic care, contact the specialists of Upper Cervical Center of Brandon today at 813-644-7190! We look forward to working with you soon!